Sports meet 2023-24
“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
Distinguished Chief Guests, Correspondent, Principal, Teachers and Students;
For the past few years,we have gone through tough times. By the grace of god, We have overcome those difficulties and have successfully completed the events for the academic year 2023-2024
Now here I am presenting the report for the year 2022-23
Physical education is an integral part of the total education system. It helps in the achievement of holistic development. Games and Sports play a vital role in the student’s life. Education without sports is incomplete.
The physical education department of MCC Public School strives to excel at all levels and bring laurels to the school. With the help of the entire school faculty, we are continuously improving in our field.
Now I would like to mention a few of our achievements.
1. E J Ronel Retnam - 9 A
(I)Participated in 39th sub junior and 49th junior National aquatic championship 2023 held at Bhuvaneshwar. He got 3rd place in 4x100 medley relay
(II) He participated in 39th sub junior and 49th junior state aquatic championship 2023 and received
Gold Medals in 50 m back stroke & 100m backstroke
Silver medal in 50 m butterfly & Bronze medal - 50 m free style
In Team relay got 1 Gold 4x100 free style & 1 silver 4 x 200 free style
(III) He has also participated in CBSE South Zone Swimming competitions on Dec 2022
He won Gold in 50 m backstroke
Silver in 50 m free style.
Bronze in 100m freestyle and 100m backstroke
2. Haresh T of grade VI participated in
AQUA Challenge 2023 - State Level swimming Competition and won
Third place - 50 m breaststroke , 50 m backstroke and 50 m Freestyle
He also secured Second place - 200 m individual medley third place - 4x50 freestyle relay
He participated in State level swimming competition held at VHNSN College, Virudhunagar. Feb 2023 and secured
Second place in 50 m backstroke and 50 m freestyle
Third place in 200 m individual medley
Madras district aquatic association XXIX age group swimming competition Feb 2023
First place 100 m backstroke
3rd place 50 m freestyle.
2nd place 100m freestyle
1st place - 50m backstroke
Decathlon sports India - Swimming competition at stringrays swimming and fitness
First place Breast Stroke
2nd place Backstroke
3rd place - Free style
First place - 1 m
3rd place - Butterfly
9th SDAT Dolphin State Level Short Course Age group aquatic championship - June 2023
third place - 200m freestyle.
3) G. Pranav of grade VI
Badminton warriors SPL state open badminton tournament - winner
Future star sports academy - Badminton tournament
Winner- under 11 - boys singles
Winner - under 13 (boys)
Winner- Under 11
Kombai sports academy held at sports university - Dec 2022
Winner- U-11 boys (singles)
Runner U13 boys singles
State level sub junior & junior singles badminton tournament - Winner.
YMCA Madras kilpauk branch badminton tournament April 2023 for Dr S. J.S. Paul Memorial Trophy certificate
Winner U - 15 boys
Winner U 13 boys.
Feather Junior boys badminton tournament - May 2023
Runner-up U - 15 singles
4. S Vigen Roy IX A
3rd youth national sports council championship 2022 - 23 organised by TamilNadu youth Sports council held at Trichrirapalli
U-14 Badminton - Gold.
Chennai district badminton championship 2023 held at Alpha Badminton Academy, Chennai - July 2023
Winner U 15 - XD
West Chennai Sahodaya Cluster Inter- School Games Tournament 2022-2023
Winner- badminton held at SBOA Schools & Junior college.
CBSE South Zone - 1 swimming competitions Dec 2022
Gold - 50 m breast stroke
Gold - 50 m butterfly
Silver -100m breast stroke
Silver - 200 m breast stroke
Bronze - 200 m Im
7. West Chennai sahodya cluster for the year 2022-2023 was held at SBOA school on13th February 2023, or students participated and won laurels. Vigeon Roy, Kaushik, Kavin are the winners of the tournament. They won prizes in badminton.
8. MRF has conducted an inter school Badminton tournament at MCCHSS on 26th July and 2nd August of 2022 and Pritika and Pavithra has secured 1st position in both singles and doubles of the category girls under 19.Vigeon Roy and Kaushik has secured 1st position in both singles and doubles of boys under 15.Evandle benni and Joyson has secured 2nd position in doubles boys under 19.
9. Union Christian Public School conducted a SMASH Tournament in January 2023 and Evandle Benni and Joyson were declared as the winner for the category boys under 17 doubles and Evandle Benni also secured 1st position in boys under 17 singles.
10. Jedynshya Felwine of grade 9 participated in the International and National TaekwonDo Championship and won a bronze medal in SPARRING.
11. Shakthi of grade 9 participated in Easwari Trophy – Inter school athletic meet and secured 3rd place in 100m.
12. Joshua of Grade 6 won a gold medal in 5th National Roller Skate Basketball Championship.
13. Jeshvitha of Grade 2 holds the Noble world Book of Records for 8 hours non stop Silambam Rotation. She has participated in 19th National Silambam Championship and secured 3rd position in mini sub junior category.
I express my heartfelt congratulation to our players and athletes who have brought name and fame to our esteemed institution.
At this juncture, I would like to express my sincere thanks to our Principal Dr. Jolly S. Mathew, for her constant motivation and support
I also thank the staff, non-teaching staff, parents and well-wishers for their co-operation and support during our sports activities.
I thank our Lord Almighty for helping us achieve great things throughout the year. We are confident in winning many more awards in future and will keep striving till we reach the stars.